CARDNO EMERGING MARKETS
Description du poste
Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) is currently seeking an experienced Accountant for an upcoming five-year donor-funded Program in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
The Accountant, as part of the Fiscal Agent Team, will assist in the financial management of donor funds. The Accountant will execute day-to-day accounting activities of the Program. Specific responsibilities include:
1. Process payment requests and payroll.
2. Perform banking operations.
3. Prepare payment instruments or instructions.
4. Monitor budgets.
5. Record financial transactions.
6. Maintain accounts payable, accounts receivable, and the fixed assets register.
7. Prepare weekly and monthly reconciliations of Program funds.
8. Prepare weekly financial reports.
9. Execute tasks to comply with local tax laws.
10. Assist in obtaining tax exemption or refunds.
11. Assist in the preparation of budgets, and in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and half-yearly reports.
Profil du poste
Must have Côte d’Ivoire citizenship
• Minimum 3 years of experience in accounting functions such as: invoice and payroll processing, cash management, reconciliation, project accounting, and financial reporting
• Previous experience working on projects financed by international donors
• Strong skills in internal controls and international accounting standards
• Good understanding of local tax laws and compliances
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or related field
Computer Skills –
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, Project, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Previous experience working on an automated commitment, budgeting and accounting system. Experience with SAP-based systems desirable.
• Fluent in French; Good in English – reading, writing, and speaking
Dossiers de candidature